03 January, 2023

Episode 135 - Gospel mix B



Part 2 of the old timey Gospel mix.  Had I planned the tracklist better there would be duplicate versions of some songs on this one.  I also neglected to tag the start positions for each selection.  Sorry about that, guess I was too wrapped up in the power of this music to do my administrative work.   I combined both of these into the previous Spotify playlist, minus the rarities that just aren't on the platform of course.


 The Orioles - Crying in the Chapel
 Utah Smith - Two Wings
 Astley Dixon - Put No Blame on the Master
 Jean Ritchie and Doc Watson - Amazing Grace
 Blind Willie Johnson - Take Your Burden To The Lord and Leave It There
 Washington Phillips - Denomination Blues
 Luther Magby - Blessed are the Poor in Spirit
 Rev. I.B. Ware - I Wouldn't Mind Dying
 The Staple Singers - Old Time Religion
 The Gospel Singers - Noah Found Grace
 Rev. Edward W. Clayborn - A Letter From Father
 Washington Phillips - Take Your Burden To The Lord
 Mahalia Jackson - Amazing Grace
 Washington Phillips - I Was Born To Preach The Gospel
 Henagar Union Sacred Harp Convention - Antioch 277
 Mahalia Jackson - My Story
 Sister Irene O'Connor - Fire

photo credit: near Chimayo, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment