26 December, 2022

Episode 129 - Pink Floyd mix A



Pink Floyd are an incredible band with so many distinct phases to their 50+ year journey.  I had a friend that would dive into this big philosophical rant about how someone's favorite era or album from Floyd could say a lot about their personality.  I wish I'd paid more attention.  Still, I have noticed that you are either a fan or you are not, and those that are fans are pretty passionate about one era over another.  It seems that several people I've met tend to love the first album of theirs that they heard, over anything that came later in their exploration.  For me, it all began with "Meddle".  I picked up "A Collection of Great Dance Songs" at a pawn shop  Then "The Wall", and "Relics".  Their later period just never really drew my attention as much as the earlier days.  One of my past roommates loved "Ummagumma" another thought "Animals" was the greatest ever, and we'd listed to those together often.   

As such, here is 1 of 2 mixes of my favorite tracks.

00:00 One of These Days
05:38 Sheep
15:19 The Nile Song
18:36 Fearless
23:42 Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
28:47 Careful With That Axe, Eugene
33:19 Echoes
55:38 Wish You Were Here
60:47 Brain Damage
64:33 Have A Cigar
69:34 Learning to Fly (UK Single Edit)
 

photo credit: 1971 promo Classic Rock Review magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment