31 August, 2026

P608 Lit a Green Candle



That break was long enough. I waited until I had landed a new job which will hopefully last me until retirement. It was a rough set of months in the job market, applying, networking, following up, chasing down recruiters, interviewing, and being given every excuse to not hire me. Finally, a company saw my value and pursued me; that felt validating and I’m back on track.

Health is good, have a job, happy family, new and big adventures coming. I’m all set to pull some cohesive thoughts together for some new mixes. Also, I wiped my free storage to make room for the new, anyone that wants a re-up of an old mix let me know and I’ll take care of it.

I’ll start it off with an easy to digest one. I made this last December when I shut down for a while. Pulled what I was listening to and some new finds off the local indie radio station in town and had this as the soundtrack for date night with my wife as we drove into town for a fine meal and evening walk. In hindsight, I suppose there is some metaphoric meaning in a few of these songs, or specific lyrics that reflected my sadness from losing my previous job. However, this is not all doom and gloom, it’s a rather fun and upbeat (at times) mix that got me re-invigorated to share again.



01 Spiritualized – Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space (Original)
02 Leonard Cohen – One of Us Cannot Be Wrong
03 Wolf Alice – Thorns
04 Santigold – Disparate Youth
05 Purity Ring – Fineshrine
06 Fontaines D.C. – Favourite
07 David Bowie – Ashes to Ashes (single version)
08 Mt. Joy – Lucy
09 Eggs for Breakfast – Sad Sex Songs
10 Giske – The Sound of Birdsong
11 Three Mile Pilot – Still Alive
12 These Quiet Hours – Seven Waves Deep
13 Deceits – Please, Wake Up
14 Soccer Mommy – Driver
15 R.E.M. – Bad Day
16 Del Water Gap – How to Live
17 Lucy Dacus – Brando
18 Goth Babe – Surfing in Iceland
19 Panda Bear, Sonic Boom – Edge of the Edge
20 Tarta Relena – Me Yelassan
21 Elvis Costello & The Imposters – Honeyhouse
22 Turn On – Ru Tenone
23 Brian Eno – St. Elmo’s Fire
24 Asobi Seksu – Never Understand (Live on KEXP)
25 Possessed by Paul James – Songs We Used to Sing



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, dear friend. Glad everything in your life is facing the right direction. Smooth sail ahead, I hope.

    This mix looks great. I don't much do mixes but I have a feeling that this set will give me a closer look at how you're doing. Keep up the greatness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, glad to be back. I love sharing my story through mixes, gives a good representation of where I'm at during a given point in my life.

      Delete